Thursday, July 26, 2018

Homones and trans

I had to take hormones for endometriosis.

the pill made me depressed.

The stronger medicine with androgenic properties made me "fat hairy and horny"... luckily I couldn't afford the full dosage or I would have gone manic and started to attack men.

The final medicine I took turned off my hormones and made me severely depressed. I cried all the time.

(So when I had men with prostate cancer who were put on this hormone, I warned them. I wonder how many of them ended up committing suicide? Or drinking for depression etc)

The emotional side effects of birth control pills are rarely discussed, but then as a woman with ovarian problems, I can tell you my own hormones did the same thing. PMS anyone?

I could tell my period was due when I would cry over nothing.

In the good old days, men with prostate cancer often were placed on estrogen: Cheap and efficient. Why did we stop using this? Because a double blind study showed the death rate on estrogen was higher for men: Not from cancer, where the death rate was lower, but from cardiovascular disease.

So this article (Via Virtueonline, an Episcopal webpage) notes the dirty little secret that no one wants to discuss, lest they enrage the twittermob or lose their job:

Hormones for transsexuals have side effects.


The US study compared medical records of over 5,000 transgender people against more than 97,000 others. It also suggested that men who took hormones for more than six years were ten times more likely to have a stroke caused by a blood clot than the general population. 'Risks' The study concluded: "These results may indicate the need for increasing vigilance in identifying long-term vascular side effects of oestrogen therapy". Senior author Michael Goodman of Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health said the findings could be "taken into consideration when planning follow-up and evaluation of patients". "The confirmation of this risk is good to have so patients can be warned", added fellow author Dr Joshua Safer.


this, presumably, was in adults.

The problem of giving various hormones and puberty blocking hormones to young teens with "gender dysphoria" is a bigger problem, because not only do many if not most of these kids have merely a transient wish to change sexes, and change their mind later, but the long term health problems are not clear.

and not in the article:

the lowering sperm count is back in the news.

NYTimes article.

it discusses the drop in sperm count over the last 40 years, but actually it has been decreasing since the 1930's.

Estrogen in the water supply? Including phyto estrogens from plastics and herbicides and plants?


No comments:

Post a Comment